Porcion 21 in Zapata County El Lopeño – Los Porciones Series
Located on Porcion 21 in Zapata County which was originally granted to the widow Isabel Maria Sanchez. Sometime early in the nineteenth century it passed to the Ramirez Family which owned porciones 14 thru 17 and established Ramireño. The first stone house was contstructed here in 1821 by Benito Ramirez. Apparently it was named after a family named “Lopez”. This rural community also has it’s “new” counterpart as it was submerged when Falcon Lake was formed.
Attached are some of the land grant documents of the Original Porcion 21 grantee, Isabel Maria Sanchez.
Special thanks for all the research to: Maria Rebecca Lara-Garcia. All content used with permission